Low Wood Club Membership
Junior members will be defined as 15 years and under. All junior members must be accompanied by an adult in all areas at all times and are subject to the time restrictions of 8.30am to 8.00pm.
Fees are inclusive of VAT and pre-paid monthly by Direct Debit.
This allows enjoyment of the Club’s facilities throughout the opening hours of 6.30am to 10.00pm (last entrance 9.30pm).
Membership Fee (monthly)
|Children under 3||£10.00|
(*must be in conjunction with adult membership)
This allows for the use of the Club’s facilities between the hours of 6.30am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
Membership Fee (monthly)
This allows for the use of the club’s facilities between the hours of 6.30am and 10.00pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Membership Fee (monthly)
Full Student Membership
Available to Students 16+ on the production of a valid Student Union Card.
Membership Fee (monthly)
- 20% Discount of all hot beverages, soft drinks and food served in Café del Lago on production of your Membership Card.
- 20% Discount off all Beauty Treatments on production of your Membership Card.
Fancy a change of scenery?
Your membership entitles you to use our sister Leisure Club – The Sandpiper Club at the Lancaster House.
- Fitness suite
- 50ft feature pool
- Outdoor hot tub
- Spa – Sauna – Steam room – Cold drench shower
- Full timetable of classes including; step, aquafit, circuits and many more
- Personalised programmes – assessments
Fully trained staff are available to provide personal assessments and programmes. These are included in your membership and must be booked in advance.
|Squash Court (45 mins non-members)||£5.00|
|Squash Court (45 mins members)||£3.00|
*All chargeable facilities may be booked at Reception and are subject to availability.
A Club Member must accompany guests
- Adult - £10.00 each or £50 for a book of 10
- Student - £5.00 each (Student Union Card must be produced when purchasing.)
- Children - £5.00 each
- Squash Court
- Private Swimming Lessons
- Personal Trainer
- Beauty Salon
Terms & Conditions
Acceptance as a member
(a) The Proprietor has an absolute discretion upon whether to accept the application for membership of an applicant as a Member of the Club. If an application for membership is accepted by the Proprietor, membership of the Club by the applicant shall commence upon the date of acceptance. Upon acceptance, the Member shall be issued with a Membership Card personal to him/her and shall be entitled to all of the rights and privileges exercisable by the class of Members for which his/her application for membership has been accepted. Entry to the Club is gained on presentation of a valid membership card.
(b) ACCEPTANCE BY THE PROPRIATOR OF AN APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP OF THE CLUB SHALL CONSTITUTE A BINDING CONTRACTUAL ARRANGEMENT BETWEEN THE PROPRIETOR, THE MANAGER AND THE APPLICANT UPON THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP AND THE RULES OF THE CLUB.
Limitation of liability
In consideration for the Club accepting his/her application for membership of the Club, and for he/she becoming and remaining a Member of the Club, the Member agrees that:
(a) Neither the proprietor, the Manager or the employees or agents of the Proprietor or Manager shall be liable for any loss, damage or theft of personal property belonging to the Member, or any guest of the Member occurring upon the Club premises.
(b) Neither the Proprietor, or the Manager, or any employee or agent of the Proprietor or Manager shall be responsible for any death or injury occurring upon the Club premises or as a result of the use of facilities and/or equipment provided by the Club, except to the extent that such death or personal injury arises from any negligent act or omission of the Proprietor, the Manager or any agent or employee of the Proprietor or the Manager.
Physical condition of member
The Member warrants and represents that he/she is in good physical condition and that he/she is capable of engaging in active or passive exercise and that such exercise would not be detrimental to his/her health, safety, comfort or physical condition. Members must not use the Club premises whilst under the influence of alcohol, anti-coagulants, anti-histamines or narcotics. Any member with diabetes, heart disease, high or low blood pressure must ensure it is safe with his/her doctor. Written evidence may be requested.
Membership of the Club is personal to the Member and cannot be assigned, transferred or otherwise disposed of. The Member shall not loan his/her membership card or permit to be used by anyone but the Member. The Proprietor may assign the benefit of this Agreement to a third party at any time without notice of the Member.
(a) The Club is a proprietary Club, the Proprietor being Low Wood Club and is owned by Low Wood Hotel (1988) Ltd (“the Club Management”).
(b) The Club premises shall be located at the Low Wood Club, Low Wood, Windermere, Cumbria, LA23 1LP.
Joining fee and membership subscription
(a) All Members shall pay a joining Fee which shall become due and payable immediately upon being accepted as a Member. Membership must remain current in order to avoid paying the joining fee again.
(b) All members shall pay either twelve months subscription annually in advance or by instalments. All members choosing to pay by instalments shall pay two initial instalments by Direct Debit payments when a member is accepted for membership.
(c) Subscriptions may be increased by the Proprietor at any time. The Proprietor shall give the Member not less than 30 days notice prior to any such increases.
Termination of membership
(a)The Manager may terminate the membership of any member:
i. Without notice and with immediate effect without refund in the event of a Member committing a serious or repeated breach of the Club rules and may terminate membership without cause upon refunding the unexpired portion of his/her current subscription.
ii. If any part of the Membership Subscription remains unpaid 14 days after the date due to payment, all monies owning to the Club in accordance with the contractual agreement will become due immediately.
(i) The Member may cancel membership by giving one month’s notice.
(ii) In those cases where membership has been paid annually in advance, any refund applicable will be calculated as if the Member had been paying on a monthly basis,. Any refund will be calculated from the first full month, following receipt of notice of cancellation.
Hours of opening
The Club’s normal hours of operation and the hours in which any facility within the Club are available to Members can be obtained from the Manager upon request. Such hours may be lengthened or shortened at the discretion of the Manager, without any prior notice to Members being given. The Manager shall however endeavour to give reasonable notice of any lengthening or shortening of such hours. Junior as defined in the Club Membership type and fees are 3 to 15 years inclusive and will be subjected to the following opening times from 8.30 am to 8.00 pm daily.
(1) Fraudulent or wrongful information given in order to obtain a discounted membership will result in the cancellation of all membership rights and any action deemed necessary by the Proprietors.
(2) In the event of any default of the Member, the Proprietors may disclose personal particular contained in the membership agreement to a credit reference agency or any other party necessary in obtaining settlement of arrears.
(3) If, through circumstances beyond the control of the Proprietors, the Club is unable to provide the full range of services as advertised, the Member shall remain liable for all membership fees.
(4) Membership cards are issued free upon payment of the Joining Fee and remain the property of the Proprietors. There is a fee for replacement for lost/damaged cards.
(5) The Proprietor retains the right to vary, add or eliminate any of the particular services and facilities provided within the Club from time to time.
(6) Any person wishing to become a member of the Club must complete the ascribed membership form and submit it to the Club Management with the relevant fee.
(7) The Club Management reserve the right to reject any application or renewal without stated reason.
(8) On acceptance to the Club, the Member shall receive a membership card which must be shown on each arrival at the Club reception. Failure to do so may mean refusal of admission.
(9) Members will be responsible for ensuring their children and guests observe the rules. Failure to do so may lead to termination of membership.
(10) Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Children under 15 are not permitted in the gymnasium under any circumstances.
(11) A maximum of two guests shall be signed in by a Member at any one time unless pre-arranged with the Management. Guests may not remain on the Club premises longer than the introducing Member.
(12) No credit is allowed to members or guests.
(13) No glass is allowed in the Club premises.
(14) No persons in swimming costumes are allowed into the ‘dry’ areas from the ‘wet’ areas.
(15) Lone bathers must contact a member of staff before entering the pool for safety reasons.
(16) The Club will not discriminate against any individual on the grounds of race, religion, creed, disability or sex.
All Members and Guests must adhere to the Club Rules posted around the Club. Copies are available on request.